Saturday 9 June 2012

Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) Degree Graduation Fashion Show 2012 (31 May 2012)

It all started with a sudden phone call at 5pm. I got an invitation to Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Degree Graduation Fashion Show 2012 or better known as NAFA Day 3. Since the fashion show was about to start at 7pm, I had to dash over a mall near NAFA for a last wardrobe change before heading over to showcase (I was dressed incredibly shabby that day).
 
The grand opening presentation of NAFA Day 3

The fashion showcase displayed 5-piece works of each graduating fashion and fashion marketing students. Some of the works (not all unfortunately) are remarkably refreshing! Let me share with you some of my favourites.

The collection plays with lace patterns and dangling lines that potrays a graceful high-end fashion. It reminds me of those aesthetic pearly white porcelain antiques in the houses of those rich and famous.


 
I am in love the "Already but not yet" concept. The design conveys a creative presentation of beauty in an unfinished fashion.



"Survival travel" is a series for daring souls. Although the collection uses a range of duller colours, the design ends in a flare! How bold!

This collection is quite close to what I envision travel fashion should look like. The vibrance of colours still shines under all the ruggedness, blending well with layerings, albeit I think it may just be a tad too hot under summer weather.

I am deeply intrigued as to why the series is called "Ted in the fifties", but the white windowpane checkered lining, boyish bowler hats and blue, black white shades highlight the black beauty of street fashion. It is one of my top three in displaying all round creativity and practicality.

"Timber wonder" is by far my favourite collection in this show. The collection impresses me with a sense of youthful and loving feminine cuteness with the use of mittens, cartoon prints and cat ears. In love!

The Moda season has been brought back by Winarni in her series of moon surface-patterned linings, dragonfly glasses and glam pieces.


Indeed, this is a beautiful collection! The patterns are wonderfully crafted.

Finally, congratulations to the two chosen graduates to display their collections in UK fashion show!

After the fashion show, we went to the loft for some light refreshment before calling it a night. It was a brief evening fashion engagement but I really appreciate it a lot. Special thanks go to TPS and our lovely friend who got us VIP invites into the show!



No comments:

Post a Comment