Tuesday 22 May 2012

Brandery Asia @ Blueprint Tradeshow (18 May 2012)


After regrettably missing out on the Men’s Fashion Week, I was determined to get into the upcoming showcase presenting fashion works from both foreign and local labels into the Asian market. Then, I found out about Blueprint. (For more information on Blueprint, check out their webpage at blueprint.sg)


To be honest, this was my first preview of an industry-only showcase. So, I was thrilled at the entire prospect, yet, felt immensely timid at the thought of it. Thankfully, it was incredible timing that a close friend of mine –TPS (who also writes blogs) was able to accompany me to the tradeshow. We anticipated two of the few fashion runway shows displaying the latest 2012/2013 collections of some brilliant Asia fashion brands.

  

 


As we arrived at the showcase, I was fluttered with excitement. There were rows and rows of booths parading myriads of the latest and upcoming fashion treasures (for both men and women)!! Even though I don’t usually pay heed to women’s fashion, I was, nonetheless, astounded with the racks of beautiful gowns, casual wears, formal wears and accessories that lay before my eyes.

As we steered towards the runway, we bumped into some of TPS’s fashion friends. He amicably introduced me to them and we exchanged words courteously. They were all surprisingly friendly and down-to-earth. Generous with their kind compliments, I felt completely welcomed into the scene.
Fashion runway show in Brandery Asia
We watched two fashion shows in the Tradeshow, featuring collections from Alleira (Jakarta, Indonesia), Toton (Jakarta, Indonesia) and S.Nine (Hong Kong). Each label displayed different designs from warm asymmetrical patterns to stark embroideries on sleek cuttings to crisscross and romantic womenswear. It was a first for me in witnessing women’s fashion runway show up front. I was enthralled by the tall slim models. TPS seemed to be thoroughly engrossed in it as well.

It all comes down to detailed embroidery with Toton's collection


Navy Blue Bag from 72 Smalldive caught my eyes immediately
In Brandery Asia Tradeshow, we also glossed over some of the wonderful collections for labels displayed at the booths. I was hooked over some of 72 Smalldive’s minimalist concept fleece bags and Jason’s series of Casual Street wears.  I think Jason’s design brought out an elegant cooper brown assemblage, bringing out a classy yet relaxed demeanour about it. The collection did not seem too thick or heavy at all.  I would love to see it up close. Unfortunately, the promoter was too busy catering to a buyer who was frantically scavenging every piece of the collection off the rack.

Coffee coloured Parachute pants
Same Bag from 72 Smalldive, in a genteel olive hue

Aside from the young brands in the local market, I set my eyes on some of the established brands located just outside the center.  N. Tyler’s preppy collection really reminded me of Great Britain with their knit coats and bowler’s hats. I thought it really suited TPS’s taste and image. He seemed to love it exceptionally. I could literally see the flash in TPS’s eyes (He was also very verbal about it).  Flesh Imp is also one of my favourites in Brandery Asia with its boxed shirts and canvas sneakers. Everything in the collection suits TPS. It was all for his sake and he seemed very pleased.
Canvas sneakers modelling on Flesh Imp's booth

After stalking the event for a good two hours, we left the showcase feeling satisfied and wonderful. Overall, I really enjoyed Brandery Asia at Blueprint, albeit I did not reveal too much expression (self-acting bored-looking fashionista). I wish the promoters at each individual booth would put on a more welcoming facade as they merely dwell in their booths and hinder (deliberately or unintentionally) our entry to the racks of beautiful clothes. Nonetheless, it was an amazing experience, meeting two lovely ladies and I was glad to be able to share the whole experience with TPS!!!  Do check out his views on the event as well at thepotionshop.blogspot.com!!!




Also, I am intrigued to know if any of you went to the Brandery Asia Tradeshow or Emporium. Do let me know of your experience!

Prelude to Part 2 –

“It was crazy!! I can’t believe we actually got in!”

“Yes!”

I can’t believe it… The people of the industry mingled in their gorgeous stilettos and suave coats, holding a glass of champagne in one hand. Find out where we went next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment